Here’s who America thinks will win at the Oscars
Feb 21, 2019
A new poll from Morning Consult/The Hollywood Reporter revealed who Americans want to see win at the 91st Academy Awards.
Respondents for the poll could watch the trailer for each nominated film, actor and director. In total, there were 2,201 people polled in the survey.
The poll found that the public believes “A Star Is Born” will dominate the entire Oscars night. In fact, viewers expect “A Star Is Born” to win all its major categories — except for Best Picture.
Here’s a breakdown of who America thinks will win, according to the poll.
- Best Picture: “Black Panther”
- Best Actor: Bradley Cooper in “A Star Is Born”
- Best Actress: Lady Gaga in “A Star Is Born”
- Best Supporting Actor: Sam Elliott in “A Star Is Born”
- Best Supporting Actress: Emma Stone in “The Favourite”
- Best Director: Spike Lee in “BlacKkKlansman”
- Best Animated Feature Film: “Incredibles 2”
Interesting: “Black Panther” would have won the Most Popular Movie category, which the Oscars cut from its list of categories amid controversy.
The Academy cut the idea because the idea was largely unpopular, CNN reports.
Read more: Make sure to check out all the films nominated for an Oscar and read details about them in the stories below: