This ‘heavenly’ 20-foot cross washed up on a Florida beach. No one knows where it came from
Feb 11, 2019
Visitors of a South Florida beach say a giant cross that washed ashore might be a “heavenly” sign.
What happened: Last Saturday, a 20-foot wooden cross rolled up on the shores along Galt Ocean Mile in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA Today reports.
- A group of people pulled the cross onto the beach by the Ocean Manor Beach Resort, where it is currently being displayed.
- Greg Gay, a tourist in the area from Michigan, told WSVN-TV he found the cross.
- He said he “felt really heavenly about it.”
- Ocean Manor resort owner Frank Talerico told WSVN he felt goosebumps when he saw the cross wash up on shore.
- Talerico says he’ll keep it at his resort. “You know what? I’m glad it’s here,” he said. “It’s staying here, and if anybody wants to come see it or take a picture with it, they’re more than welcome.”
See photos of the cross below
A mysterious giant cross washed up on the shore directly in front of the Ocean Manor Beach Resort yesterday! Tune into…
However: No one knows where the cross came from, according to WSVN.
Reactions: “People have suggested possibly Puerto Rico. Others have said the Keys,” said John Moschella, who was visiting the beach, according to WSVN. “It’s really unknown where it has come from.”
- According to CNN, commenters on the resort’s Facebook page saw the sign as a divine signal. Others said it might have helped old ships hold up their sails.