Fans of the reality show “The Masked Singer” think Donny Osmond is playing a crucial role.
The show: The new Fox reality series “The Masked Singer” tasks viewers with guessing the identity of 12 celebrities who are dressed in costumes.
- The singers release cryptic clues about themselves and sing music, which are all signs viewers can use to guess their identity.
For example: The Hipp character was revealed to be Pittsburgh Steelers player Antonio Brown.
Now: Osmond’s name has popped up as a possible identity of The Peacock, according to PopCulture.com. Here are some reasons why:
- The Peacock revealed he started on stage when he was 5 years old. Osmond’s first performance on “The Andy William’s Show” was in 1963.
- A video showing Peacock shuffling cards and saying, “Putting on a show is in my DNA,” points to Osmond’s run in Las Vegas.
- He said he’s been a heartthrob in the past but not for a long time.
- And, lastly, the video showed Peacock petting a puppy. Osmond has a song called “Puppy Love.”
If that’s not enough, several Twitter members are convinced Peacock is Osmond.
Donny Osmond is 100% the peacock. #TheMaskedSinger is about to make me so mad not knowing who anyone else is lol
— Jo (@JoHannaCorine15) January 9, 2019
— missesk (@missesk5) January 3, 2019
More details: And here’s a brief explainer from Vulture: “Vegas references galore, plus when he pets the small dog statue in his intro package, it’s likely referring to Osmond’s ‘Puppy Love’ in 1972. He was a teen heartthrob, so posters of his face lined many bedroom walls. Osmond and Michael Jackson were pals, and the peacock could be a reference to Osmond’s run as the lead in ‘Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat’ on Broadway. Also his favorite color, claims one YouTube commenter, is purple.”