Why do Hershey Kisses look different? We have an idea
Dec 21, 2018
SALT LAKE CITY — Your Hershey’s Kisses might look at lot different this holiday season.
Bakers and candy fans alike are upset that the bite-size chocolates being packaged don’t look right, saying they look deformed and have arrived without their tips, The Lebanon Daily News reports.
- Bakers are worried that the misshapen kisses will ruin their presentations on baked goods.
- “Traditionally, Hershey’s Kisses are made in a distinctive teardrop shape with a flat bottom and a fine point on top. However, the points are now cut off, leaving the tops flat or jagged instead,” according to the Lebanon Daily News.
Hershey’s statement: Jeff Beckman, director of corporate communications for the Hershey Company, told the Daily News that they’ve noted the concern and are looking into it.
- “The Wedding Cookie Table Community Facebook group brought this to our attention,” said Beckman. “We appreciate their love of the brand and taking the time to bring the appearance of our iconic Hershey’s Kisses to our attention.
- “We are looking at the issue now. We understand that bakers’ expectations are high for an iconic brand that is more than 100 years old because they are proud of their desserts.
- “Our Hershey’s Kisses brand team reached out directly to the Wedding Cookie Table Community over the weekend to donate a number of our iconic baking items as a thank you for their love of the Hershey’s brand and our Kisses and to heartwarm their holidays.”
Hershey’s released a new flavor in time for the holidays called Hot Cocoa Kisses, which will have the traditional chocolate shell with a marshmallow center, according to my report.
Hershey’s had soft earnings for 2018, according to Business Insider. The company has launched multiple new products — like Reese’s Outrageous bar — to try and boost returns for next year.